• Stainless steel construction provided with NPT threaded connections and hardened seating surfaces for long wear and corrosion resistance.
• The TK Series available in 3/8”, 1/2″, 3/4”, and 1” threaded ends .
• Excellent capability for handling light to medium loads.
• Works efficiently in any position.
• Snap-opening provides purging action in unit being drained.
• Optional insul-cover insulates against heat loss from adverse atmospheric conditions (rain, wind or snow), which could cause overcycling.
• Compact for easy installation.
• Three individually-ported outlet holes assuring vertical lift of disc is parallel to the seat, thus eliminating any rubbing or tilting of disc
• One moving part assures low-maintenance.
How it Works
The Disc Trap uses the higher kinetic energy of flash steam over water to close the trap with static pressure. As condensate enters the trap, it lifts the disc and discharges out three individually-ported outlet holes. The three outlet holes assure the vertical lift of the disc is parallel to the seat so no rubbing or tilting of disc is possible. When condensate temperature gets close to steam temperature, the condensate starts to flash over into steam after it enters the trap. This flash steam flows with a higher velocity (under the disc) lowering the pressure under the disc. The higher pressure on top of the disc snaps the disc closed. When the flash steam trapped above the disc condenses, the cycle is repeated.
Keystone Steam Supplies is here to help you with your Thermodynamic Steam Trap needs.